On a daily basis we can support our body in its detox process. One way is to become more aware of what and when we expose the body to potential harmful chemicals and eliminate them simply by changing some minor habits. Here are some daily & nightly examples for your inspiration that are rather simple.
Let’s start in bed. You might love your bed but it may not love you back as much as you could prefer.
We spend about a third of our lives with our faces on our pillows, and our bodies nicely covered in comforters, blankets or sheets so one way to take body love into action is to make sure that whatever we’re sleeping on and snuggled up in is doing us some good or at the very least, less harm.
If we sleep 7-8 hours each night, nude or almost nude, we are exposing our body to everything on our linen for about 210-240 hours a month. You’d be hard pressed to find anything else that touches your facial skin that much. And after sleep we put on clothes on our lovely body. Which pretty much make our body (more or less) covered in fabrics most of the time.
According to the Extension Toxicology Network, “chemicals can be absorbed through the skin and into the blood stream, causing toxic effects”. As fabric both rests against our skin and is often treated with many chemicals, it becomes a major way for toxins to get into the body. As a result, people have experienced all sorts of negative effects, including hormonal dysfunction, immune system problems, digestive system problems, skin problems…. and the list goes on.
One simple way to support our body and show it some more love is to wash our bed linen and clothes in non-toxic detergent and use natural fabric softener – (if any – personally I use some drops of natural organic essential oils). Preferable choose vegan products (not tested on animals).
- DIY Natural fabric softener could be:
- 2 cups of Epsom salt or Organic Course Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 15-30 drops of your favorite natural & organic essential oil(s) (optional)
- Mix and place in a container with a tightly fitting lid
*Natural & organic essential oil for the bed linen could for an example be lavender oil which is said to increase relaxation, eliminate nervous tension, relieve pain, disinfect the skin, anti-inflammatory properties, etc.
**If you are into Chakras lavender is supportive in balancing the Solar Plexus & The Heart Chakras but you can use whatever kind of essential oils you adore but for the bed linen I suggest a relaxing sent or perhaps one that makes you (and your sleepy partner) feel a little more sensual – if you know what I mean.
***Bonus: You won’t smell like a chemical shit storm when you wash your fabrics in more natural products.
Detox & Body Love in the Bathroom
After getting out of bed many of us take a shower or occasionally a long hot bath. When we stand there in the bathroom with our precious nude body we can support our bodily detox with:
- Dry brushing: It is a great way to stimulate the lymphatic system and remove some dead skin cells which make it easier for the skin to breath and detox. This can be done at a daily basis and it doesn’t have to take a long time.
- Natural Body Scrub like for example organic almond oil mixed with organic sea salt or Epsom salt or a mix of both. The natural salts are full of minerals that are valuable for the healthy functioning of the body which our bodies absorb through the skin. Another great thing about all natural and organic products is that they are microbeads free which mean we also take a stand for the environmentally health of the oceans of the earth and its inhabitants.
- For a Natural Facial Scrub: You could use: Baking Soda mixed with organic coldpressed coconut oil. It has the same benefits as natural body scrub.
Before massaging your extremely sexy body you could also use a natural hair or beard mask:
- Natural Hair or Beard Mask could be: massage organic jojoba oil or coconut oil into the hair/beard. Leave it in for 30 minutes (while you massage your beautiful body with a natural scrub for an example). Organic Aloe Vera gel is also super good especially for the scalp. (If you have thin hair I would recommend only organic aloe vera gel and no oil).
If you want to spoil your fabulous body you can make a warm detox bath with:
- 1/4 cup Organic Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 10 – 20 drops of your favorite natural & organic essential oils.
Just lie there in the comforting warm water detoxing and soaking up vital minerals. Preferable you sip some lemon infused water while chilling in the bath. If you don’t have a bathtub you might like to make a foot bath – it is also detoxifying and healthy (for the entire body).
Whether you take a shower or a bath you can choose to finish it up with some non toxic shampoo and non toxic conditioner so the body doesn’t absorb unnecessary chemicals while we try to get all clean and sparkling.
Just before finishing the cleaning of you incredible body you might want to support the bodily detox even more. Here you can try water therapy. It might sounds more complicated than it is but it really is very easy and takes very little time:
- Water Therapy: In the shower you most likely stand in the romantic waterfall of warm sensual water – then you make it cold. Afterwards: cold into warm and end with cold water again. Hot water has relaxing properties, helping to reduce stress. Cold water helps relieve inflammation and stimulates the removal of toxins from elimination organs like the skin and lymph system.
Detox Tips after the Shower to Expand Your Body Love
Now we are so clean and pure like angles so why add chemicals onto our lovely bodies with toxic toners, creams, makeup and deodorant when we can choose more natural products which support our bodies detoxifying system. Here are some healthy tips for your inspiration:
- Facial Skin Toner: Could be raw organic apple cider vinegar mixed with clean water – No worries the characteristic sent disappears after a very short time and the benefits are many. There are many other options but avoid harsh toners that include alcohols, parabens, chemical preservatives, perfume etc.
- Facial Day & Night Care: Could be organic rosehip seed oil or similar – optionally with some organic essential oils in. Again there are many other options but I guess you got the point.
- Body Moisturizer: Could be organic coldpressed coconut oil, almond oil, rice oil etc or a nice blend of organic coconut oil, organic coconut butter, organic shea butter, organic aloe vera gel and some drops of your favorite organic essential oils.
- Deodorant: Go for the ones without: Aluminum, Triclosan, Phthalates and Parabens – they are all toxic to the body. Preferable we can also choose a plastic free deodorant in a glass bottle (less plastic pollution) and with a pump (spray type deodorants are likely to have the highest amount of volatile organic compounds. These compounds are a key component in producing ground level ozone and hence a key element in formation of smog).
- Perfume: Many perfumes are synthetic, which contain toxic petroleum- and coal-derived synthetic chemicals, as well as countless other carcinogenic ingredients that have been linked to hormone, endocrine, and reproductive system disruptions. Therefore you might like to consider a natural one or perhaps natural & organic essential oils.
- Make-up: Researchers at the University of California Berkeley examined the connection between personal care products and the presence of “hormone disrupting” chemicals in the body. The researchers decided to study chemicals commonly found in cosmetics due to their potential links to cancer, infertility, and developmental harm in children. Enrolling 1,000 girls, the study found that when the teenagers switched to cosmetics that did not include chemicals like phthalates, parabens, triclosan, and benzophenone-3 (BP-3) — the presence of the chemicals in their bloodstreams dropped within three days of abstaining. The study suggested that consumers can see a relatively quick and positive impacton their health by choosing “personal care products that are labelled to be free of phthalates, parabens, triclosan, and BP-3.” Well what other to be said than to get some makeup made from natural ingredients.
- Nail polish & nail polish remover: Again you can choose to get some non-toxic. But from time to time I recommend not using any at all.
- Toothpaste: Look for the sulfate free, fluoride free, paraben free, cruelty free, and made without artificial colors and flavors. I mean why put chemicals in your mouth – they get absorb by the body.
- Dental Floss: Regular dental floss is just waxed nylon, rolled up in a small plastic box. Just like plastic, nylon is derived from crude oil. Unlike plastic, it does not take 500 to thousands of years to decompose, but “only” 50 – 80 years. So like the toothpaste try a more natural one.
Detox & Body Love before Night Time
Before going into your clean bed after a beautiful day you might like to consider trying a natural makeup remover:
- Natural Make up Remover/Skin Cleanse: Could be organic coldpressed coconut oil. Gently “massage” the oil onto the skin and eyelids to remove makeup and dry it off with a soft clean towel and finish with the natural toner and oil. (This is also good if you just want to cleanse your skin (without makeup) – due to environmental pollution etc).
- In bed: You might like to use a bodily and supportive love mantra like: “With love, kindness and compassion I allow my body to easily release harmful toxins through my breathing, my peeing and my pooing. Thank you I love you.”
- Breathe: Oxygen helps your body absorb vitamins and mineralsmore efficiently, and it helps support the process of “out-with the-old”, “in-with-the-new” inside your precious body. Among other bodily mechanisms your lymphatic system is charged with lots of oxygen, and this naturally leads to detoxification of the body.
- A Breathing Exercise could be:
- Place the tip of your tongue against the ridge behind your upper teeth and exhale completely through your mouth so that you make a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale deeply through your nose for a count 4, hold your breath for 7 counts, and then exhale through your mouth for a count of 8. It is in the exhaling we let toxins out.
- Repeat three times. (If you do it more than three times in a row it may trick some deep emotional feelings or even long forgotten traumas – but being aware you can easily do it several times during a day).
Goodnight – now you can sleep like a sweet clean baby and continue your body love forever 🙂 If you find it to overwhelming just start with one inspirational example and add more – Life is a process and so is (global) body love for most. But to ignore it all is … Well… Unhealthy.
With Love & Compassion
*Note: If we also choose animal friendly products like all natural and vegan we also make an ethical stand for a better world – like voting with our dollars against testing on animals in laboratories and for an environmental better world.
**Bonus note: If we also buy products in non-plastic jars like glass jars etc we also vote for a less polluted earth. Sometimes it is possible sometimes it is not but the more we become aware of our body, the animals and the earth’s environment the easier it becomes not only to reduce toxins in our sexy bodies, in the beautiful world and extend our love for all (including ourselves). And the more we demand it as consumers the more natural, organic, healthy, animal friendly and environmental friendly products will occur. We consumers got the POWER by what we do on a daily basis.
Nb. If you enjoyed this article you might like to make a PayPal donation to Christine Boegh if so you can use the button right below. For sure it will be super appreciated and bring much happiness & joy 😍